Quickly and conveniently seals wood floors to prepare them for finishing. This product provides a firm bond between the wood floor substrate and succeeding finish coats, and meets the definition for a quick dry sealer by method ASTM D 1640.
- Sand floors according to NWFA specifications.
- Vacuum thoroughly and tack the floor. If desired, apply DuraSeal® Penetrating Finish in your choice of color and allow to dry thoroughly, per label directions.
- Apply DuraSeal® Quick Dry Sealer with a natural China bristle brush or lambs wool applicator at a coverage rate of 500 square feet per gallon.
- Allow surface to dry thoroughly (e.g. 1-1/2 to 2 hours.)
NOTE: Drying time will be increased by high humidity, low temperature, lack of air movement or heavier application.
- Buff surface with a new 180 grit screen or used 150 grit screen; vacuum thoroughly and tack.
- Apply the appropriate number of DuraSeal® Polyurethane finish coats to achieve the desired look or durability.
Dry to the touch within 30 minutes. Ready for re-coating within 2 hours. Meets ASTM D 1640.
Approx. 500 sq. ft. per gal.
Clean with mineral spirits or paint thinner.
Keep containers tightly closed. Isolate from heat, electrical equipment, sparks and open flame.
|TYPE||SIZE||PROD. NO.||QTY||PDS||GHS SDS|
|Density (lbs/gal)||0.85 – 0.87|
|% Solids||39.50 – 41.50|
|Viscosity – CPS||Less than 100 cps.|
|VOC (b/l)||525 Max.|
|Flash Point (TTC)||103°|
|PRODUCT WEIGHT (lbs/gal)||7.10 – 7.30|