Non ambering formula. Our most durable two component finish. Formulated for commercial/high traffic areas. Available in Satin, Semi Gloss and Gloss sheens.
- NATURAL FLOORS: Sand and prepare floor according to NWFA recommended methods. Finish abrading with a 120 or 150 grit pad or equivalent. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water dampened cloth to remove all dust. Apply 1 coat of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Sealer and 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Floor Finish.
- STAINED FLOORS: Sand and prepare floor according to NWFA recommended methods. Finish abrading with a 100 grit pad or equivalent. Do not use steel wool. Apply DuraSeal® Penetrating Stain or DuraSeal® Quick Coat according to label directions. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Floor Finish over thoroughly dried stain.
- PREVIOUSLY FINISHED FLOORS: Note: Do not apply over wax, lacquer, stains or shellac containing wax or stearates. Be certain floor is free from all wax or oily residue. Clean and abrade floor using the DuraSeal® Pre-Treat System. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Apply 2 coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Floor Finish. DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Floor Finish will adhere to most stains and finishes after proper preparation. Always prepare a sample or test area to determine compatibility.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
SHAKE WELL BEFORE USING. Do not thin. Shake DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Floor Finish (Part A) well for 30 seconds prior to adding DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Hardener (Part B). One 11 oz. bottle of Hardener will activate one gallon of finish. To activate amounts of finish less than one gallon, use (1) part hardener (Part B) to (10.5) parts finish (Part A). Slowly pour Hardener (Part B) into finish bottle (Part A). Shake mixture for 30-45 seconds then let sit for 5-10 minutes prior to applying. Remove stainless steel screen from the plastic bag and firmly insert the open end of the screen into the large end (bottom) of the spout. The screen should protrude from the bottom of the spout. Insert this entire assembly (screen first) onto the one gallon bottle.
Be certain all material is at room temperature. Use a synthetic T-bar applicator to provide the smoothest finish. Best results are achieved when ambient temperatures are between 50°F and 90°F, and humidity below 80%. NOTE: If applying to white oak, two coats of DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Sealer are recommended.
- Pour a 5 – 6″ wide line of finish along the starting wall, going with the grain of the wood.
- Using a clean, dampened applicator, draw the finish toward the opposite wall going with the grain of the wood. Holding the applicator at a “snowplow” angle will allow you to maintain a wet edge at all times.
- As you approach the end of the run, turn the applicator toward you and pad out excess material parallel to the wet edge.
- Feather out all turns.
- Apply DuraSeal® DuraClear™ Max Floor Finish at 500 sq. ft. per gallon to achieve proper film build and prevent lapping and applicator marks.
- Allow first coat to dry 2-3 hours before applying next coat. Extended dry time is required with high humidity and low temperature conditions.
- Abrade floor lightly with a used DuraSeal® Pre-Treat pad. Vacuum thoroughly and tack floor with a slightly water-dampened cloth to remove all dust. Abrading is not required for additional coats if the finish is applied within 24 hours of the previous coat.
Light foot traffic is acceptable after 24 hours. Do not expose the finish to rugs, cleaners, spills or heavy traffic for one week. Dry times are based on conditions of 77°F and 50% relative humidity at the recommended application rates.
Tools should be cleaned with warm water.
Apply at 500 sq. ft. per gal.
Use walk-off mats at all entrance doorways to keep dirt and grit to a minimum. Sweep or vacuum daily and damp wipe as needed with DuraSeal® Hardwood Floor Cleaner. Do not use all-purpose cleaner/degreaser products.
The finish/hardener mix must be used within 6 hours after it is mixed. Product properties are diminished after 6 hours. The finish and hardener can only be mixed one time.
Store at room temperature. If stored at high temperature, cool to room temperature before use. Keep from freezing. If frozen, warm to room temperature and mix thoroughly before use.
Do not recap finish/hardener mixture after 6 hours to avoid pressure build up. Allow mixture to completely harden before disposing. Maximum VOC: 275g/L (2.3 lbs.gal). Do not thin.
In case of eye contact, flush thoroughly with large amounts of water. Get medical attention if irritation persists. For skin contact, wash thoroughly with soap and water. If swallowed, call Poison Control Center, hospital emergency room, or physician immediately. This product must be mixed with other components before use. Before opening the packages.
|TYPE||SIZE||PROD. NO.||QTY||PDS||GHS SDS|
|Solvent||Water, 2-Methoxymethylethoxypropanol, Dimethylethanol Amine, 1-methyl-2-Pyrrolidone|
|Luster (@ 60°)||
|ASTM D 523|
|ASTM D 523|
|ASTM D 523|
|No. of coats||2 – 3|
|ASTM D 1640 &|
|Dry film thickness||0.6 mil/coat|
|Flash point||>212°F (SETAFLASH*)||SETAFLASH*|
|>||ASTM D 3828|
|Applicator||Natural bristle or foam brush, lambswool or synthetic pad|
|VOC (grams/liter)||250 maximum Part A, 275 maximum Crosslinked||ASTM D 3960|
|Coverage (sq. ft/gal)||Approx. 500-600|
|% Solids||33.0 – 36.0 Crosslinked||ASTM D 2369|
|Pounds/gallon||8.64 – 8.69|
|pH||7.00 – 9.00|
|Viscosity (centipoises)||55 – 100|
*SETAFLASH is a registered trademark of Stanhope-Seta Limited.